At Springfield Poultry we are committed to doing our part in helping reduce, re-use, and recycle as much material which comes through our site as possible. This includes not only everything coming in to us, but also everything we send out to you! We're getting closer and closer to getting rid of single use plastic however within the food industry the alternatives currently available tend to have other shortfalls such as product safety and issues of cross-contamination. Discovering and testing this is a journey which we're happy to be a part of and if you have any suggestions for plastic alternatives please do get in touch.
Boxes & Box ReturnsThe boxes we use with our product deliveries are 100% recyclable and biodegradable. This includes the honeycomb insulating liner. We're looking to establish a way in which we can effectively re-use our boxes as well. The main difficulty at the moment has been the impact of Covid-19 in having parcels returned to our site. Before Lockdown 1.0 we were in talks with our courier DPD to arrange for a free-post returns service where you can drop your parcel of at a local collection point and the box comes back to us. This has unfortunately had to be put on hold but we're very eager to pick up from where we left off when the time comes. In the meantime the method of returning your box depends a lot on location:
- If you're within the local Counties of Herefordshire we might just be able to have one of our drivers collect from you. If you think you might fall into this category please call us or email email@example.com asking if it's a possibility.
- Any amount of boxes returned via this method: 10% discount to use online.
- If you are further afield, unfortunately the only way to return your parcel would be through a service such as 'Parcels2Go'. The shame about this is that it would initially be at your own expense, however, upon receiving your returned parcel(s) we would send you a discount code to use on a future order which would recover that expense. This isn't ideal but as mentioned until a time whereby we can pick up talks with DPD this is the only option.
- 1-2 boxes returned: 10% discount to use online.
- 3+ boxes returned: 15% discount to use online.