Customer Privacy Notice
: The wording in this document reflects the requirements of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), which will come into effect in the UK on 25 May 2018.
Data controller: Nigel Mee
The company collects and processes personal data relating its customers to manage the relationship. The company is committed to being transparent about how it collects and uses that data and to meeting its data protection obligations.
What information does the company collect?
The company collects and processes a small amount of information about you. This includes:
- your name, address and contact details, including email address and telephone number;
- details relating to your business;
- information about your computer, visits to and use of this website (including your IP address, geographical location, browser type and version, operating system, referral source, length of visit, page views and website navigation)
- information relating to transaction carried out between you and us or in relation to the website, including information relating to purchases you make of our goods or services
- Information that you provide to us for the purpose of subscribing to our website services, email notifications and newsletters
The company collects this information from you directly.
Data is stored in a range of different places in the company's management systems and in other IT systems (including the company's email system).
A cookie consists of a piece of text sent by a web server to a web browser and stored by the browser. The information is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server. This enables the web server to identify and track the web browser.
We may use both ‘session’ cookies and ‘persistent’ cookies on the website. We use session cookies to keep track of you whilst you navigate the website and we will use persistent cookies to enable our website to recognise you when you visit. Session cookies will be deleted from your computer when you close your browser. Persistent cookies will remain stored on your computer until deleted or they reach an expiry date.
We use Google analytics to analyse the use of this website. Google analytics generates statistical and other information about website use by means of cookies, which are stored on users computers. The information generated relating to our website is used to create reports about the use of the website.
Most browsers allow you to reject cookies, whilst some browsers allow you to reject just third party cookies.
Why does the company process personal data?
The company needs to process data to be able to meets its obligations under the law. For example, it needs to process your data to provide you with food products. We will also use your personal information to:
- Administer the website
- Improve your browsing experience
- Enable your use of the services available on the website
- Send you goods purchased via the website
- Send statement and invoices to you
- Send you general communications
- Send you email notifications that you have requested
- Send out our newsletter and other marketing
- Deal with enquiries and complaints relating to the website
All our website financial transactions and handled through our payment service providers.
Who has access to data?
Your information will be shared internally, officers, agents, suppliers or subcontractors where appropriate.
In addition, we may disclose your personal information:
- To the extent that we are required to do so by law
- In connection with any legal proceedings
- In order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk
- To the purchaser or prospective purchaser of any business or asset that we are contemplating selling
How does the company protect data?
The company takes the security of your data seriously. The company has controls in place to try to ensure that your data is not lost, accidentally destroyed, misused or disclosed, and is not accessed except by its employees in the performance of their duties.
- We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
- We will store all the personal information you provide on our secure servers
For how long does the company keep data?
The company will hold your data for a minimum period of one year.
As a data subject, you have a number of rights. You can:
- access and obtain a copy of your data on request;
- require the company to change incorrect or incomplete data;
- require the company to delete or stop processing your data, for example where the data is no longer necessary for the purposes of processing;
- object to the processing of your data where the company is relying on its legitimate interests as the legal ground for processing; and
- ask the company to stop processing data for a period if data is inaccurate or there is a dispute about whether or not your interests override the company's legitimate grounds for processing data.
If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact Nigel Mee at the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you believe that the company has not complied with your data protection rights, you can complain to the Information Commissioner.